- International bagpipe festival (Mezinárodní dudácký festival), shortened also to MDF, takes place in Strakonice.
- First year of this festival was in 1967 on the occasion of the 600th anniversary of the city foundation.
- It is currently held every two years always at the end of August. Bagpipers from more than ten different states participate in this event (Scotland, Slovakia, Spain, France, Turkey,..).
- In 2010 it was the 19th season of the festival and it was under the auspices of Václav Klaus - president of the Czech Republic and Czech Commision for UNESCO.
- The 24th season should have happened in August 2020 but it was called off due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The 24th season is taking place in summer 2022.
- The 24th year should take place in summer 2022 under the patronage of the President of the Czech Republic, Ing. Miloš Zeman and Minister of Culture of Czech Republic, Mgr. Martin Baxa.
LAST YEARS REVIEW:
Opening parade of 23rd season - 2018:
Review to 22nd season - 2016: